Monday, June 3, 2013

A Dinner for Grampa and Gramma....


Eric and I went away on a business trip to Austin for four days.


As a thank you for watching our children and letting us enjoy a long weekend to ourselves,


we decided to put on a nice fancy dinner for my family.


First part of the meal was the appetizer.  Jalapeno poppers made by Cameron and Elyse.

Next was a house salad....

Then the potato bacon chowder....
The main meal was Fettucini Alfredo.


Then a nice Coffee Crumble Cake made by Cameron.
We had such a good time planning this dinner and the kids really seemed to enjoy it and just made the evening go by so smoothly.
Of course the dressing up as waiters and a waitress was my idea, but they didn't mind too much!
This is totally my opinion, but I think we really impressed my folks!  (Which was part of the plan!)
In the end my dad gave a tip to each kid which was a surprise for the them!
 It was a memorable evening...  I am so thankful for my family. 
I am so blessed....
(I so bummed I didn't get a picture of my brother Jr.  He was also here.) 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening! Could I get a copy of Cameron's coffee cake recipe? I've been looking for a good recipe for one, and you've mentioned this one to me before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. Your kids were prolly the most adorable waiters and waitress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I will try to get it to as soon as possible...😄

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Lana. It was such a blast of an evening!!! Can't wait to do it again!

      Delete
  3. Your mother gets more beautiful as the years go by. Love you all. Darlene H.

    ReplyDelete