Thursday, May 26, 2011
A "Mexican" Story...
A couple of weeks ago we were getting our house ready for overnight company... and Jeremy and Elyse were helping me make the boys' beds upstairs. Most of you know Elyse's personality, vibrant, expressive and five. Well, five is how old she is but, that is sort of important in this story. =) Jeremy on the other hand is very reserved (most of the time), quiet, and sometimes pretty giggly. Well here we are making beds, when Elyse says to Jeremy with big round eyes, "Jeremy, Did you know that Nicole's daddy, Martin, is really mexican?" Jeremy answered her with "yesss" So I piped up and said "Did you know that your daddy is also mexican?" Elyse stared at me in disbelief and wide eyes. "He is...!!!?" Then Jeremy said to her. "Elysie, I'm mexican, too." Her eyes got bigger. " You are...!!!?" Jeremy by this time is all giggles and saying, "You're mexican too." Her jaw dropped and her eyes were so wide I was trying not to fall off the bed "I Am...!!!?" "We are all mexican", said Jeremy. Elyse stared in disbelief and amazement and asked, "Are all the Christians mexican's?" And I answered her as best as I could with out falling out of the bed from laughing too hard. "No, but for sure Daddy, Michael, Cameron, Jeremy, you, myself and baby Matthew." It ended with, "I can't wait to tell Marqueal that I'm mexican like her."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE IT, Susanna!! I can picture it, even though I haven't gotten to know Jeremy and Elise near as well as Michael and Cameron! Love you guys - you Mexicans!!LOL!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious...
ReplyDelete