Monday, December 6, 2010

Matthew with 1 T or 2 T's

O.k. You all are going to laugh at us because we couldn't decide if we want one t or two t's in the baby's name. I think we decided on 2 t's. Hopefully that is the last time we change it. =)

This is Eric. Suza is with Mathew and left her blog open. So I wanted to jump on here and let you know the "rest of the story." Or rather the story up until this point about Mathew's name.
The truth about Mathew's name is we went back and forth and decided on 1 t. Our midwife sent us a draft of Mathew's birth certificate for review and after much discussion we decided to change his name to the more traditional Matthew with 2 t's. So we called the midwife only to find out that there was some sort of mistake and Mathew's information has already been sent to the state and somewhat finalized. We are told that this should not be a big issue we just need to contact and let them know that how we would like our child's name to appear on his birth certificate. This may sound easy but we have just one problem, neither Azusena nor I am good at following up with this kind of stuff. I have a package of underwear in the closet that are the wrong size and have been there for over two months because neither of us has found the time to return it. Mind you there are many other items in our possession that do not fit us and can be easily returned but never seem to make it of the door of our house and back to the store we bought if from. I say all this to say I am not holding my breath when it comes to changing the spelling of Mathew's name to Matthew. We will keep you posted on what happens.

Eric

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you all! I keep meaning to call, but by the time I get a chance, it is too late. One of these day's I'll catch up with you. Mathew is so cute! I remember how those first week were, you are so filled with love for that little helpless person. It is amazing how quickly it happens. Talk to you soon, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put the underwear in a bag (preferably one that came from the store where you bought them), along with the receipt. Hang the bag on a hook by your back door or whatever door you usually use when you leave home. Then when you are headed out to do shopping, you are more *likely* to see it and throw it in the car. That's my system for remembering to return stuff. Seems to work pretty well - I have several hooks by the door leading to my garage. It keeps stuff out of reach of my little 5-year-old "shopper" too. But, even with all that, I sometimes forget to bring the bag into the store with me! So, then it sits in the car until the next time I go to that store, hopefully not getting damaged in the meantime. I also don't have 5 kids. And I'm not homeschooling. You have my sincere admiration for doing all that you do, Suz!

    Eric, I guess you could try gaining weight (or losing weight?) until the underwear fit you, eh?

    I'm afraid I don't have any tips for remembering to change the spelling of your child's name on the paperwork. :)

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete